Updated: Dec 5, 2020
1. Omission: Omit a single letter
occuring for occurring
2. Insertion: Insert a single letter
off for of
3. Substitution: Replace a single letter with another single letter
definate for definite
4. Transposition: Misorder two adjacent letters
lable for label
A single letter is misplaced by more than one position in a word
litgh for light
5. Grapheme substitution: A plausible but incorrect choice of grapheme
their for there
thort for thought
6. Wrong use of a split vowel digraph
gole for goal
If you know a young person who makes these kinds of choices – he or she can be helped.
Please see: Information from ACARA on the adjustments available to young people with disabilities.
Information from ACARA on the adjustments available to young people with disabilities.
Information from the Victorian Education Department on dyslexia
Information from the Yale Centre for Creativity and Dyslexia